DashTag is all about engaging you to your sport. We help you to get more out of the sport you love: having more fun,
becoming better, fitter and healthier. To do so we need to know some things about you. While we collect and use
your data, we fully understand that you value your privacy.
We believe privacy is about freedom and being able to decide for yourself how your data is used and by whom. This is why we have established the following Privacy Principles:
1. We will always keep you fully informed about your data We make sure you understand which data from or about you we use, why we use it, how long we use it and who can use it.
2. We enable you to remain in control of your data We consider the data from or about you to be yours. We only use it for the purposes for which you have given it to us, or for which we collected it from you. At any time you can opt-out or opt-in using our software and websites.
3. We protect your data Your data is yours. We keep it that way by protecting it as best as we reasonably can to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands.
1. We will inform you which data from or about you we use, why we use it, how long we use it, who else can use it
and where it is kept.
2. We will only use your data for the purposes we have stated to you.
3. We keep as little of your data as possible, and only for as long as we need it. When we no longer need data we destroy it or we irreversibly anonymize it, so it is no longer linked to you.
4. If we ask your permission to use your data for specific purposes, we also allow you to withdraw your permission.
5. If we have not been able to ask your permission to collect and use your data and you don’t want us to do so, you can tell us and we will act accordingly.
6. We will allow you to access and correct your data if it is linked to your DashTag account.
7. We will keep protecting your data against unauthorized access and accidental loss as best as we reasonably can.
8. If we engage others to use your information on our behalf, we will ensure they act in accordance with our policies.
9. If we share your data with others, we will first ask you for permission, unless there is a legal obligation that prohibits us from asking.
10. We are open to any questions you may have about how we use your data and we will answer them.
We operate according to the privacy laws applicable in your country. Because we are rooted in Europe, European privacy laws also apply. These laws offer a high level of protection to you by only allowing us to use your data when the strict conditions of these laws are met. Our company policy on privacy and processing of personal data reflects these laws and we apply this policy globally.
Personal Data: any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('Data subject', user); an
identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification
number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity;
Processing of Personal Data ‘processing': any operation or set of operations which is performed upon Personal Data, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction.
When using our sites, our products and our services we collect data from you or about you. What data we exactly
collect depends on what you use and how you use it. In general there are 3 categories of data we collect and use:
Data you provide us with
This is the data you enter yourself when using our sites, products and services. This data includes for example your name, email address, the search terms you enter, your address and favourite locations, your phone number, any map errors reports and speed camera reports you enter, your size, weight, gender, age etc. etc.
Data collected via sensors
A lot of our products come equipped with one or more sensors or use the sensors of the devices they run on. Examples of sensors are GPS receivers, WiFi or Bluetooth receivers, a camera, a microphone, G-force sensors, heart rate sensors and touch sensitive screens. These sensors, when activated, will automatically collect data. Depending on the purpose for which it was captured, the data in combination with data that identifies you or your device can be sent to DashTag and others for subsequent use.
This refers to any data that is collected or automatically generated while you use DashTag sites, products or services. In many cases metadata is collected or generated inherent to you using a computing device or inherent to transmitting data over computer networks, such as the internet. This data includes user interface and other device usage events, IP-addresses, unique device identifiers, WiFi and Bluetooth MAC addresses, cookies and records of computer activity.
DashTag uses your DashTag account to grant you access to downloadable content, services you are subscribed to
or have activated, software upgrades and sections of our website which need registration. We also use your
DashTag account when you want to purchase additional items and to tailor our offerings to you. The way in which
DashTag uses your DashTag account also depends on the software and device or system you use.
To create your DashTag account, as a minimum you need to supply your name and email address and choose a
password. DashTag advises you to keep your DashTag account details confidential and use a password you do not
We will use your email address occasionally to send information related to the products and services registered to your DashTag account. We will only do this if there are updates you need to be aware of to ensure you can use your product in a safe, reliable way, without interruption or if there is a legal requirement to contact you. Using your DashTag account, you can also subscribe to the DashTag News email, which provides the latest news, product information and special offers from DashTag and others we select. You can opt-out of receiving the DashTag News email at any time by clicking on the appropriate link in the emails you receive.
Should you wish to delete your DashTag account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not share your DashTag account details with anyone else, unless they work under our responsibility, according to our instructions or when explicitly and lawfully ordered to do so following due legal process.
If you want to know more what and how we use those cookies, have a look at the cookie page.